Friday, August 11, 2006

13th floor elevators


13th floor elevators
Originally uploaded by stevebmeyers.
this week on radio free montreal's weekly variety hour, we devote the entire show to the 13th floor elevators. our melbourne correspondent mentioned a film about the band's troubled singer (you're gonna miss me) and in his latest contribution, talks about seeing the band in melbourne. I decided to look into this band a little bit and found so many great songs that marcello and I just played nothing but 13th floor' for the whole show. I know we already devoted an entire show to psycadelic music just a few weeks ago but I think the 13th floor elevators are more than just a psycadelic band. their earliest stuff sounds more TROGS, THEM, SONICS and then there's that damned jug in nearly every song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home