Monday, December 18, 2006

family guy?



is anyone else starting to get a little uneasy with the "dog/women sex" jokes on the family guy? I think it was last season when peter disappeared and brian (the family dog) took over as the man of the house, he wanted to have sex with lois and the episode ends with her almost giving in when peter arrives home. Last night the episode featured brian taking meg to her prom and in a drunken moment, making out with her. meg develops an infatuation with brian and at one point she ties him up and strips down to her underwear, crawling on top of him before being interrupted. I liked the "king of comedy" reference but the whole idea that this teenage girl could develop a sexual interest in a dog, strikes me as a little disturbing. I've never been a big fan of the writing of the show, I feel it lacks the sophistication of king of the hill or the simpsons, (that's right, sophistication) but I have always liked the way they push the envelope, it just seems that the whole dog/woman sex thing smacks of misogyny at worst or extremely juvenile at best, or maybe a little of both. Like I said I've never been a huge fan of the show, I think it's over rated but it always makes me laugh, but now I'm not sure I can still watch it, I don't think I like the writers anymore. If you want to watch something well written that pushes the envelope in an effort to make intelligent social commentary, watch south park.

1 Comments:

Blogger mike on the right said...

ouch,
I just read your comment on my christmas tree thing, and combined with this observation on sex with dogs it sounds like someone has issues worse than me getting a tree up me arse stand first. just jokin steve

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home